- Write relevant content – Your readers seek information about your business and the services you can provide.
- Put conclusions at the beginning - Get to the point in the first paragraph.
- Write only one idea per paragraph – Be concise. People do not read webpages, they scan them.
- Use action words – Tell your readers what to do, avoiding the passive voice.
- Keep the flow of your pages moving.
- Use lists instead of paragraphs – Lists are easier to scan than paragraphs.
- Keep your lists short (7-10 things at a time). By keeping your list items short , it helps your reader remember them.
- Write short sentences – Use only the words you need to get the essential information across.
- Include internal sub-headings – Makes it more readable.
- Make your links part of the content – Readers scan pages for links, because they stand out from normal text and provide cues as to what the page is aboutscannable.
Proofread your work
- Typos and spelling errors will send people away from your pages
Images and text - Receiving your message
When using a
, the message is better caught by your readers. A good idea would be to use pictures of you teaching your students. Also, try using infographics and other images. Control your message better by
what you want to communicate. By using image and text in a message you catch attention visually and give maximum understanding. Once you have intuitive interest and trust, the reader may start reading. Now you can be specific about your message.
The AIDA model
AIDA is a traditional model that gives you a general understanding of how to target a market effectively.
ttention – attract the attention of the customer.
nterest – raise customer interest by demonstrating and focusing on advantages and benefits of your tutoring business.
esire – convince your customers that they want and desire your service, and that it will satisfy their needs.
ction – lead customers towards taking action and order a class with your tutors.
Parents need to believe in you and that your tutor team will be the best for their children.
- Kindness to your audience and empathy
- Co-branding - E.g. “We cooperate with experts” These things make the customer trust you and your company.
Unique Selling Propositions
The Unique Selling Propositions is a great way to sell your service. Most businesses come up with their own slogans and USPs. The USP will give customers a feeling of what you can provide for their children.
- Must be unique – either a uniqueness of the brand or a claim not otherwise made in that particular market
- So strong that it can pull in new customers to your tuition services
Examples of USPs
- M&Ms – _ The milk chocolate melts in your mouth, not in your hand _ This is an example of how even a rather off-beat USP can be catchy and compelling. Who would think of making a selling point from fact that your product doesn’t melt? M&Ms did, and it worked very well for them!
- Avis – _ We’re number two. We try harder _ This USP does a fantastic job of turning a drawback into a benefit. For a long time, Avis was the second-largest car rental company, after Hertz. In fact, Avis was struggling just to stay afloat. As part of a total image makeover, Avis hired the famous ad agency Doyle Dane Bernbach to come up with a new ad campaign. The campaign was so successful, Avis’ market share went from 11% to 35% in just four years.
- FedEX Corporation – When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight FedEx no longer uses this slogan, but while it lasted it was a perfect example of a compelling USP. In a few words, FedEx guarantees that it will deliver your package safely and on time. FedEx replaced it with the slogan, “ _ The World on Time _ ,” which is vague and doesn’t contain a USP.
Most Wanted Response
MWR is the action that you wish the visitor to do - Typically the action that generates the most value for your business. Have a clear MWR for each and every page of your website and then only include the content that moves visitors towards your MWR and strip away anything that doesn’t.
Online communication, TutorCruncher