How do I set up GoCardless and take Direct Debit payments?
GoCardless is a partner that we collaborate with to allow you to take Direct Debit payments.
Step by step process
- If you have GoCardless already set up, skip to step 5.
- Go to System > Settings > Payment Integrations > Direct Debit Payments and click 'Setup direct debit integration'. If this option isn't available then you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss access.
- You can fill in an Authorisation Description if you click the edit icon behind 'GoCardless Authorisation Description'. This text will be shown to your clients when they sign up with GoCardless.
- Next sign in with your GoCardless account. If you haven't done this already, click 'Sign Up'.
- If your client already has a Direct Debit mandate set up, you can skip the next step.
- To set a client up on GoCardless, go to a client's page and click 'Setup Direct Debit'. You will be shown a link that you can send to the client that will enable them to sign up. This will create a Direct Debit mandate on their account.
- To pay an invoice using GoCardless, simply go to the invoice and click 'Pay with Direct Debit'.
- They payment is now pending, and you simply have to wait for it to be approved before it can be paid into your account.
- If the payment fails in any way, the invoice will be marked as unpaid.
- Click here for more information on GoCardless, including how to match TutorCruncher to your existing customers.
- Click here for more information on the integrated card payment system Stripe.
- Click here for more information on Invoices.
How long does it take for my GoCardless account to be approved?
An account typically takes 3-4 working days to be approved, but can take longer.
How do I link my current GoCardless account to TutorCruncher?
If you have a GoCardless account, you can simply link your accounts by following the normal set up, as explained in the help video.
How do I link my current GoCardless clients to the clients within TutorCruncher?
Once you have set up GoCardless within TutorCruncher, go to System > Settings > Payment Integrations > Direct Debit Payments.
Here you can view clients within TutorCruncher and GoCardless and any matching details they have. Simply compare the details so ensure that the client from TutorCruncher and GoCardless are the same person, then click 'Link'.
You can now go to the client's profile and under the heading 'Payment Details' will be details of the match.