How do I pay an invoice?
Clients can pay invoices from their accounts using the card payment service Stripe. They simply need to log into TutorCruncher, navigate to 'Invoices' tab, click on an 'Unpaid' invoice, and click 'Pay with card'.
TutorCruncher lets your clients pay their invoices via card without requiring a login to their account, they can simply do so via a secure email link.
Administrators can also mark the invoice as paid if your clients have not paid the invoice from their account. Navigate to Accounting > Raised Invoices, and click 'Mark Paid' next to the invoice. Record the amount paid on the invoice and the method. Alternatively, you can pay with Stripe by clicking on the invoice and clicking the 'Pay with Card' button.
Payments can be made in parts, but the invoice status will only be marked as 'Paid' once the whole amount has been paid for. If your company setup allows for automatic payment, the invoice can be automatically paid if the client has enough funds topped up.
How do I manually pay an invoice from the Client's Balance?
Click on an unpaid invoice and click 'Pay from Client Credit'.
You must have Automatically Pay Invoices from Client's Balance enabled for this.
How do I void an invoice?
To void an invoice, you must issue a credit note. Credit notes are issued if there is an error or dispute with the invoice. Go to the invoice and click on 'Issue Credit Note' at the top of the page. Fill out a description and the type of credit note, then click Submit. Payments cannot be made on a voided invoice. Any items on the voided invoice will be marked as uninvoiced, and charges must be regenerated to put the items on a new invoice.
How to void an Invoice or Payment Order
Occasionally you need to change an invoice or payment order after it’s sent or paid because of mistakes made by the client, tutor or even admin.
Step by step process
- For example, with this invoice, one of the lessons has been logged for 1.5 hours when it is supposed to be one hour. This has led to the client being charged wrongly.
- To void an invoice, go to the invoice, click the ‘Issue Credit Note’ button, enter the necessary information and click 'Submit'.
- The lessons on this invoice are now editable again, so you can change them to what they should be.
- A new invoice now needs to be generated, so go to Accounting > Draft Invoices > Regenerate and regenerate the invoice you need using the appropriate cutoff dates.
- You can see that the new invoice has the correct lesson times on it, so it can be sent off.
- You can go through the same process with a payment order.
If an already paid invoice is voided, credit will be added to a client’s account without actually refunding this credit. If a refund is necessary, this needs to be done outside of the system and the client's balance needs to be adjusted manually to reflect that a refund has taken place.
How do I refund a client?
If an already paid invoice is voided, credit will be added to a clients account without actually refunding this credit. If a refund is necessary, this needs to be done outside of the system and the client's balance needs to be adjusted manually to reflect that a refund has taken place. This is done in People > Client > Adjust Balance. Stripe and GoCardless refunds can be done by going into your specific account with these payment gateways. Once this has been actioned, go to the client's page and click 'Adjust Balance' where you can then specify a negative amount to deduct from their balance, reflecting that a refund has taken place.